We understand that yoga is a personal practice, and finding the right studio and teaching style is essential. We offer a diverse collection of yoga asana styles, with a focus on Power Yoga.
Power Yoga is a vigorous practice in a heated space that facilitates the union of breath and movement in the body. Allowing the breath to fuel our practice enables us to target muscle groups, quiet the mind, and energize the Shakti within.
We incorporate both traditional and modified versions of ancient postures, and also include elements of meditation into our practice.
Many of our classes are held in a heated space (85 degrees on average) to promote increased flexibility and generate sweat– the body’s natural way of purging toxins and releasing what holds us back, both physically and spiritually. Students of Power Yoga often become dedicated followers. The practice is intense and challenging and leaves yogis feeling energized, uplifted, and centered.
A few of our classes are practiced with less heat. Look for Yin, Restorative, iRest and Ashtanga classes on the schedule for less external temperature.
Shakti Power Yoga's mission is to be in full expression of love & gratitude for life.
Benefits of Yoga
- Strengthens and tones your body
- Full-body, challenging, cardiovascular workout
- Engages core muscles, improves balance
- Lengthens muscle fibers while strengthening them
- Sharpens concentration and focus
- Burns calories while building lean muscle
- Improves flexibility
- Promotes stamina and endurance
- Improves posture
- Reduces stress and tension
- Eliminates toxins
- Creates a better relationship with the body; deepens mind-body harmony
- Creates community